Makeup in 10 minutes or Less!
November 23, 2020
Confession: I am a makeup artist who doesn’t always want to spend upwards of 30 minutes putting on a face! I’ve got things to do, places to visit, and people to beautify! However, that doesn’t mean I go completely without makeup (no one wants to see that!). Some days I need a speedy routine to get out the door quickly and other days maybe I am just being lazy; but these are the times that I revert back to my speedy 5-10 minute makeup routine! So if you want to learn a new way to quickly spruce yourself up for a certain someone, or you simply just want to improve your morning makeup routine, keep reading to learn some of my favorite quick makeup tips!
Here are the products I will be using to create the look:
The brands I personally use are noted in parentheses but feel free to use your favorites!
- Moisturizer (Juice Beauty Nutrient Moisturizer)
- Primer (Optical illusion by Urban Decay)
- Concealer (Tarte Shape Tape)
- Powder (IT Cosmetics CC Plus Airbrush Perfecting Powder)
- Bronzer (Fenty Bronzer in Private Island)
- Mascara (Hypnose Doll Lashes by Lancome)
- Brow Pencil or Gel (Gimme Brow in Deep by Benefit Cosmetics)
- Refreshing/Setting Spray (MAC Cosmetics Fix Plus)
- Beauty Sponge (Morphe)
- Powder Brush and Angled Contour Brush (or smaller blush brush) (IT Cosmetics)
- First, you’re going to want to start with a clean, moisturized face!
Do not skip that moisturizer!
- Second, apply primer using clean fingertips.
Primer helps makeup glide onto the skin with ease, prevents creasing and settling into fine lines, and helps your makeup stay in place, so you can slay all day!
- Apply several dots of concealer under your eyes and a few dots right above the cheekbones.
- Spray a light mist of Fix Plus onto your beauty sponge and dab(do not swipe) the concealer under your eyes. Leave more product directly under the eyes to cover dark circles and blend out the rest of the product onto your face.
- Apply your powder all over with a big fluffy brush.
- Use an angled blush or contour brush, lightly apply bronzer to the hairline on your forehead, jawline, each side of the nose, and directly under your cheekbones. Sometimes I even brush a little into my eye crease if I am skipping eyeshadow!
Use the top of your ear as a reference to point you in the direction of where you should angle the bronzer for under the cheekbone application.
- Apply a sheer blush to apples of your cheeks using a blush brush.
You can also use a little highlighter here on your cheekbones if you have it!
- Give your face a quick spritz with a non-mattifying setting spray to add some glow back into your skin!
- Fill in your brows with a pencil or gel, apply mascara to your lashes.
- That’s it! You’re done, babe! Time to slay the day!