Emerald Velvet Winter Wedding Shoot
February 8, 2020
Last December, I got to participate in an amazing styled shoot! Trust me when I say, I would’ve shared this gorgeous shoot on the blog sooner, but my website was under construction at the time (shout out to @moodeestudio for the upgrade!).
Have you ever looked at a photo, and just became immersed in it?-Like the whole vibe and scenery just sucked you right in? Well this was one of those shoots, the kind where you just wanted to LIVE in it, because it’s that magical. I know, I know, you are probably sitting there in suspense, just wanting to see the photos, but let me start from the beginning on how this shoot came to be. (Be patient, I promise it’s worth it, babe)
Alayna Mines, owner of Roots to Stems, a wedding planning company, reached out to me to introduce herself. We hopped on a phone call, and within the first couple minutes of us chatting, I wanted to say yes to the shoot regardless of what it was. Alayna was super sweet, and she has this infectious charismatic way about her! If you’ve ever met her, you know what I am referring to. I could’ve talked to her for hours, but I knew within minutes I wanted to work with her. Then she showed me the photoshoot inspiration board, and that sealed the deal!
This shoot screamed luxury, from the dress, to the details. The location, one of my personal favorite venues, was the Howey Mansion. I arrived on site, to glam up our bride model, Chelsea, who was SO fun to work with! Chelsea and I had a great time chatting and laughing as I worked to create a holiday, natural glam inspired look, topped off with a beautiful red lip! I also created a classic low bun updo, which was adorned with a pearl headband from Collection Bridal. SWOON.
Kindle and Grain were the photography and videography team. Aidan and Kyle are amazing at what they do. I stood back and watched them do their thing, and I loved how much thought they put into each scene and posing the couple, to make everything PERFECT, instead of just snapping pictures wildly in hopes to capture one good one. I even got to assist them a little with some behind the scenes secrets, like how they get those amazing floating veil shots! Needless to say, they did the damn thing and then some, these guys are awesome and I would, hands down, recommend them to anyone looking for that moody vibe.
It was such a fun day, creating a gorgeous cohesive shoot with all the participating vendors! So without further adieu, take a peek at this stunning photoshoot, and let me know what you think! Also, be sure to check out all the participating vendors below!
- Wedding Planner: Roots To Stems | Alayna Mines| @rootstostems
- Venue: The Howey Mansion | Brittany Dunkle brittany | @thehoweymansion
- Photographer: Kindle and Grain | Kyle Ryan | @kindleandgrain
- Video: Kindle and Grain | @kindleandgrain
- Floral: Lee James Floral | Maribel Ortiz | @leejamesfloral
- Cake: Cake My Bakers Cottage | Michelle Crawford | @mybakerscottagecakes
- Dress: The Collection Bridal | Shainna Bryson | @thecollectionbridal
- Dress Designer: Monique Lhuillier | @moniquelhuillier
- Jewelry: Maria Elena | @mariaelenaheadpieces
- Veil: Boutique De Voile | @BoutiqueDeVoile
- Makeup and Hair: Beauty Brigade | Mandi Neuhardt | @beauty.brigade.bb
- Invitations: Citrus Press Co. | Sarka Nicol | @citruspressco
- Suit: Generation Tux | @generationtux
- Rentals: Orlando Wedding and Party Rentals | @orlandoweddingandpartyrentals
- Models: Cheslea Sexton and Michael | Cheslea Sexton | @tonedupndressedup
- Napkin Rings: Something More Concrete | @somethingmore_concrete